Michael R. Burns joined the Monmouth County office in January of 2017. His primary responsibilities at Marmero Law are to head up the Monmouth County Office with a focus on representing Governmental and Quasi Governmental Entities in the areas of Employment and Labor Law as well as Municipal Court Prosecutions in Monmouth and Ocean Counties as Prosecutor; Alternate Prosecutor; Code Enforcement Prosecutor; Conflict Prosecutor; Tax Appeal Counsel; Alternate Tax Appeal Counsel, In Rem Foreclosure Counsel; Labor Counsel; Conflict Labor Counsel; and, Special Counsel. Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked as an Associate at Rothstein, Mandell, Strohm, Halm & Kurs, P.C. where he was the lead attorney on many of the firms Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation and Litigation files. Michael’s responsibilities included participating in trials, arbitrations, mediations, judicial conferences and handling settlement negotiations. Michael was also responsible for Municipal Prosecutor duties in Lakewood Township, Brick Township, Point Pleasant Borough, Manchester Township, and served as the Alternate Prosecutor in Mantoloking Township.
Michael graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2005 with a B.A. in European History and went on to receive his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2009. While in law school, Michael was a member of the Hastings Trial Advocacy Team, participating in Trial Advocacy competitions throughout the State. When not attending classes, Michael interned with the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office helping to research and prepare cases for misdemeanor and felony prosecutions. Michael also interned at the Walston Legal Group, LLC where he learned the nuts and bolts of litigation and trial strategy working on a variety of contractual, labor and civil rights matters.
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, San Francisco, CA
- Juris Doctor, 2009
- Tax Concentration Certification
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Arts, European History; Minor English, 2005
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Ocean County Bar Association
- Vice President Manalapan Democrat Club (2016)
- Member, Trial Advocacy Team
- Hastings Trial Advocacy Competition
- Internship San Francisco District Attorney’s Office
- Internship Walston Legal Group, LLC